Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: A fail becomes a pass

  1. #11
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NotSoSilentBob</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From Michigan, Mr. Lampros recalled one comment that Mrs. Fernandez made during their meeting about why it was important for Indira to graduate. She couldn't afford to pay for her to attend another senior prom in another senior year. </div></div>


    Not exactly the reason my mother would have begged and pleaded with my teachers in high school. If my grades were that low, my mother would have went bullistic on ME. Fortunately, I had teachers who took pity on us lazy souls and offered "extra credit" for things like cleaning their classrooms, grading papers, filing and my favorite h.s. biology extra credit assignement "put your hand in the algae filled tank and catch a tadpole." It was five points per tadpole added to your final grade upto 25 points or an A- whichever came first (for certain students only ... love that favoritism).

    But not even a 20- or 30-point curve was enough for my inorganic chemistry class with Walter Crouse to get half of us up to decent grades. I would love to see this little pampered princess and her mommy deal with him.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member CoeburnCane's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,931
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ms pemberley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But not even a 20- or 30-point curve was enough for my inorganic chemistry class with Walter Crouse to get half of us up to decent grades. I would love to see this little pampered princess and her mommy deal with him. </div></div>

    HA...been a while since I heard Dr. Crouse's name. Wonder how that old curmudgeon's doing these days?
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/miami-med.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/nohokie-med.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]
    [U][COLOR=#22229c][IMG]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b242/btketron/Funny/owmyballs.gif[/IMG][/COLOR][/U]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    I haven't seen him in a few years. But I hope he's being as hard on everybody as he was when I was still in the science department. He gave us a mid-term take-home exam with two weeks to finish it ... That sealed my decision to vacate the science building.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member imported_MoonlightGraham's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2,142
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    hahaha

    i like ol crouse...
    he is the reason I stuck w/science. talk about a man who loved baseball and his home town orioles.

    anyone ever have margie tucker?
    [img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/stinmeister/untitled-2.jpg[/img]

  5. #15
    Inactive Member imported_elp6n's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2004
    Posts
    5,510
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">anyone ever have margie tucker? </div></div>

    I believe she taught one of my labs.
    You'll shoot your eye out.

    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/santa.jpg[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    I took the bare minimum of science while I was up there, that department was just to tough.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  7. #17
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    I had tucker for chem 101. I liked her as a professor. I had some of my better grades under her.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

  8. #18
    Inactive Member yankeebaseball's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 2nd, 2007
    Posts
    1,387
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    I missed the same question on every test Crouse gave me, "who is the greatest QB of all time" I always put John Elway and he always marked it wrong and said no, its Johnny Unitas.
    Nothing but the process is infinite
    Eternal, endless, indefinite

  9. #19
    Inactive Member ms pemberley's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 22nd, 2007
    Posts
    344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: A fail becomes a pass

    I needed the points, so I remembered how to answer the QB question. It really bugged me to hear a lot of the girls in the class ask "Who is the John, Johnny, whatever, guy?" You knew they were in trouble right off the bat.
    Looking for my Darcy, but finding only Wickham. Right now, I'd settle for Bingley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •